Re: tapeworm

Ridecampers,

The worming/shots question(and what may happen far down the line) is
ANOTHER reason to buy horses from ruputable breeders  and NOT  from
auctions or someone you don't know  has taken proper care of the horse
since it was conceived in the mare!  I am all for rescueing. ANY animal
when ever I can(and do it all the time)  BUT you must accept the risk
that it will not be the athlete you'd hoped for simply becausse of the
early care(or non-care) it received BEFORE you got h im or her.
Temperment can also be ruined  early in many cases by people who know
nothing about training sensitive animals and it  often stays with them
for a lifetime.No vet (and they will confirm this) can  forsee future
medical  problems such as these without records...

It is sad but true, and has happened to many of us..So sorry, but you
tried!

Maureen.
..

..