Re: tapeworm

Yes!!!!  I once "rescued" a skinny arab..loved him to death, he carried me to
my first 100 mile finish (the OD in 1976)...only to die later that year from
a ruptured cecum (worm damage).

Beware of really stressing "rescued" horses.

And people STILL think they are getting a bargain "endurance" horse when they
pay $2000 or less.  They MAY be lucky.  But, when I am told my prices are too
high ($3000 and up) for horses that are wormed and vaccinated and raised
properly.

To me the initial expense is just a VERY small part of the cost or PROPERLY
caring for, training and maintaining a good future endurance horse.

Yes, the early years are the most important as far as care goes.  Often
forgotten and much neglected.  I suppose problems like yours (and mine) are
happening FAR more than we are aware of.

I am delighted, however, that Trenton is doing well.  Unfortunately, my arab
died and it was a heart-breaker.

Teddy