Re: LD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IDEA

Well, I guess it's time to unsubscribe.  I thought all the "scare" talk being
tossed around by certain people was dying down, but, nope, here it is again.
I do not understand why you all are trying so hard to frighten off new riders
with this kind of nonsense.  Wouldn't it make more sense to try to find
positive ways to improve this club then spending your time trying to find ways
to circumvent rules or to use existing rules for such silliness.

I try to surround myself with people who are not  frightened of change and who
can keep an open mind about things.  Some of you are so enamored of your own
opinions that you try to intimidate and panic others with the goblins of "what
if's."
The only really scary "what if" to me is if a certain person becomes president
and doesn't get his own way every time!  Are we going to continually be
berated for not voting his opinion?

Get real - a 1 mile ride will not be sanctioned by our board.  Sending a ride
sanction form in does not mean it will be approved.  For all you newer riders
- this club is in good, sound hands and is not going to fall apart with the
new rule changes.  Some people are so afraid of change (any kind) that they
want everyone else to be equally frightened.  Well, most of us aren't.

This is a democratic group - the membership voted - the board did not make
these rule changes on their own.  If only 1570 members voted - so be it!
Everyone had a chance to be heard and the ones that wanted to be heard were.
Can we just move on.

By the way, I have owned a GPS for 4 years and I can tell you right now that
they are NOT 100% accurate either -especially on a trail.  And, furthermore, I
have never, never heard a rider complain that the trail was TOO short and they
were going to file a grievance.  Please!

Lastly, new riders, this particular forum is not representative of AERC as a
whole.  We have 5000+ members and probably less than 10% participate in
ridecamp.  And just a very few of those 10% are rabid about everything that
happens.  So hang in there, we're really quite a fun, nice group of people.
If you have concerns about your club, call your directors listed in the
endurance news ( the real forum of endurance riding) - they are always eager
to help.

signing off.

Margie Burton
kansas