Re: LD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IDEA

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:24:58 -0700, "Robert Morris" <bobmorris@rmci.net> wrote:

>What a bout all us "older folk: who might want to do a 1 mile endurance
>ride. You know some of us have problems like trouble getting on the horse
>and getting off (with out the horses assistance) and things like that. I
>think you are being mean to us not having a 1 mile Championship Competition.
>After all it is allowed by our rules!!

Why discriminate against the quarter horse fanciers?  I propose that we
establish a Quarter-Mile National Championship.  They'd be easy to manage, too
-- one lap around a dirt track would do fine.  We could even sell tickets to
spectators and make some more money for the AERC.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net