water evasion, sortof

Have been reading the water evasion topic with some interest.  Fortunately,
I do not have a problem with Buddy crossing  or going through water.  He
loves it.  When I overturn the water tank to give it a good scrubbing out ,
he'll watch me with his little horse eyes, and when he thinks I'm not
looking will go and roll and roll in it, and follow with a good roll in the
dirt afterwards , and then run and buck..  Quite the happy little piglet.
He makes me so proud.

However, what is fun and games at home is not on the trail.  I want him to
drink when we come to water, and he'll put his nose down, play with it with
his lips, or maybe drink.  Then, the pawing starts and I know its time to
move the little devil on before he goes down to roll.  Still, when with
other horses, I like to make sure they get a chance to drink, else just a
little pawing can muck it up for the others.

Any suggestions ?  I guess I should be happy that he likes water instead of
being afraid, but ..........

Gay and Buddy