Re: Water evasion

Hi Cathy,
I disagree.  Your questions (especially the first) are endurance related.  I hope
everyone doesn't decide not to post questions because they are not sure if they
are endurance related.  My post earlier indicating displeasure with some of the
non- endurance related posts was not that they weren't endurance related (hey, we
talk about horses and riding and such, right?) but that some of the stuff went on
ad infinitum, ad nauseum and lots were "me, too" posts.  But, I hope people are
not going to start NOT asking questions because of THAT!  I think alot of people
have problems with horses going into water... I know I have and I think I solved
it.  But no matter how many times he will go in the water, he doesn't LIKE it (the
water) while our other horses splash and play and want to swim... that is just his
personality but he did learn to go in at my request.  I have discovered several
times that some of the things people post, whether it's training problems, feeding
solutions, or whatever are things I didn't know I wanted to learn about or things
I wouldn't have thought to ask myself.  What is it they say about the unasked
question?  The only dumb question is the one not asked?  Something like that.  I
hope people WILL post to ridecamp with their replies because there are probably
others out there with the same questions or who will have those questions after
they ride the new horse who hates water!!  Good luck!
Maggie
P.S.  We boxed my gelding in, one horse on each side, and after a couple of times,
he went in on his own but you can tell he hates it...he'll stand near the edge and
watch the other horses play but he'll have none of it!!  However this same ditzo
will cross our river (not deep but runs fast) to graze in the clover field up the
hill and on the other side!  Too bad we had to fence the river off now!