National Championship Ride

Let me see if I understand this.  Ten riders each from four weight divisions
from each of the nine different AERC regions for each of two separate rides?
That's 720 riders!  In Timberon?  There haven't been 720 mammals over 3 inches
tall in Timberon since time began.  Where will the ride banquet be?  On the
airport runway in lawn chairs?  Randy will have to buy a factory in Mexico to
produce enough of the ride awards he likes to give out.  There aren't enough
people in Timberon to fix all the flat tires everyone always gets.   With the
inevitable backlog of flat repairs, it will take three weeks to evacuate the
place after the ride is over.

I've got to see this.  With ten placings in each weight division, even Trilby
and I could probably qualify in some obscure 100 somewhere.  Can you imagine
1000+ people waiting for us for dinner?  Actually, if I go I think I'll dump
the horse in Alamogordo, fill the trailer up with ice and retire from all the
money I'll make selling it at the ride.  I think the citizens of Timberon have
already semi-retired at least from selling us riders ice at Randy's multiday
each summer.  This will be the endurance event of the century!  Go Randy!

John Parke
Solvang CA