Re: Standardbred correction/saddlebred

Since I haven't seen any responses to your post, I'll give you my 2 cents.  IMO, Arab crosses make excellent endurance horses.  I ride purebred and part Arab both.  Each horse must be evaluated on its individual merits.  My nephew had a Saddlebred/Arab cross that I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for!  But that was THAT particular horse.  If he had been more tractable, physically, he would have been a fine endurance horse but he was a knot head and I don't believe he would have tuned in to endurance...I could be wrong.  That is the neat thing about endurance... you don't need a high class expensive horse or clothes or rig... a sound horse in good condition that loves to go down the trail with you is a good bet for distance riding, competitive or endurance!  Give it a shot.  You'll never know if you don't try!!  Good luck!
Maggie

ina hutchings wrote:

 Correction to the standardbred question.  It was saddlebred.  Do you think a 1/2 arab/ 1/2 saddlebred horse would make a good endurance horse or do you think he would be too hot.  Does anyone have one and uses it for endurance.Ihutch