Re: RC: stallion owners/vets

CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> As for beating a stallion on the penis--erections start in the brain, not in
> the penis.  If a horse even starts to THINK stallion-speak when a human is in
> control, the reaction needs to occur BEFORE the erection is complete so that
> the thought pattern is returned to the person.  A stern warning and a
> distraction work far better than punishment after the "misbehavior" has been
> allowed.

It does start in the brain  - but for some young horses the thought travels
spontaneously! I need to sometimes tone down my words, because I should have said
she smacked him sharply; it wasn't a gentle tap, but it wasn't "beating" or welt
raising blow either. She did it once in training when he didn't make the
association as he was suppose to, and I think she did it again later when he
didn't respond immediately. After that he didn't drop to flirt, and on the few
times I saw him get reprimanded, it was a spank for flirting.

> Also, be realistic.  In nature, stallions masturbate on an average
> of every 90 minutes or so.  ...
> and should not occur when you are in control, so draw the line at that, and
> don't go fussing about what he is doing when he is tied to the trailer or
> standing in his paddock daydreaming on a sunny afternoon.

Yeah, this was about how my friend drew the line. If she was working with him, he
was suppose to behave. He wasn't allowed to "flirt" at rides, on his time or
hers.

Linda