Re: does anyone ride

Hey, Terry,

  Don't run off just 'cause we're regular people.  Whenever you have a large
group of opinionated people you will get lots of information, lots of
bickering, lots of entertainment, and lots of messages you just delete.

Yeah, blood pressures do rise (I'm guilty of that, making them rise and my
own rising), but it keeps life interesting.  I have learned so much from
this list!  I have only done one ride, but I'm very excited about my next
one.

Sometimes I just roll my eyes and keep reading.  Sometimes I ask questions,
sometimes I answer them.  And sometimes, rarely it seems these days, I'll
keep quiet!  :)

I wish you'd posted your e-mail address so I could send this directly to
you, but hopefully you'll lurk long enough to read it.

If you're really interested in endurance riding and have some questions,
post 'em out.  Plenty of good people here that will give you their opinions
and experiences.  Sometimes we get a little heated, but that's because we're
all passionate horse people (right, gang?).  Besides, I learn a lot from the
"fights."  Lets me see different viewpoints so I can make up my own mind
about what's best for me and my horse.

And the ride stories are the BEST part about this list!  :)  Well-written
ones help capture the mood and drag you right along into the ride.  Very
exhilarating!

The other information is good, too.  Learn about conditioning, training,
easy boots, horse shoeing, what other areas of the country are like for
endurance riders, find a buddy, meet friends.

Btw, I'm really going to ride this weekend!  Out of the pasture for the
first time in 2 1/2 weeks!  I'm looking forward to it.  And my next
endurance ride is in 3 1/2 weeks, so check back for my second ride story,
I'm sure I'll be as long-winded as usual!  :)

April & Apache
AERC #M20813
Chattanooga, TN

"If I were a little, little [wo]man,