horses wanted, values & kids

Boy, it is interesting how a post by what has turned out to be a 12 year old
child can get some of you all in an uproar! I hope those of you who
"blasted" this person because you assumed it was an adult feel at least a
little remorse for some of the thoughts and posts you expressed. The kid was
not trying to steal your horses, but they might as well have by some of the
posts. Many kids grow up in areas that show ring horses bring a ton of
money. If they want a horse to ride for fun, they need to find one in the
price range THEY can afford. When I was a kid, I bought the best horse I
could, for the amount of money I had. Then I did all the training myself, as
I could not afford to send it off to a trainer. As the horse improved, so
would its value. I would then sell for a profit, and buy another horse for a
tad more than I spent on the last, train, show, and again increase the value
of the horses and sell. Kids view trail horses as ones that are less money
than show ring horses. My guess is that is what this kid was saying by using
the terms "just a trail horse". Yes, if it was an adult, making the post, I
can understand many of the concerns, and thoughts some of you had. But
without getting all the information needed, some of you got awfully excited,
and jumped to conclusions. Yes, horses take time and money to get to a point
that they can go down the trail safe, and sound. And if one is in the
business of raising and selling horses, they need to figure this in, when
they price the horse. But horses do come along, that for one reason or
another, will sell for killer prices, or even less. The thing you need to
remember is the value of the horse may not be what YOU think it is...A
horses value is what someone is willing to pay. I'm hopping off my soap box,
and going out to shovel horse poop.......

Jonni in Calif. where Arabs often go for killer prices as their is not
always a market