CTR rides not the same everywhere

>  It seems to me that the part of >NATRC >that is getting bashed >the
hardest is the part that we all need to >work on >the most -- >our
horsemanship.

It is NOT that I don't want to improve my horsemanship.  It is the fact
that I may have different ideas as to what constitutes good horsemanship.
 Riding my horse 12 miles, then lining him up like he's in a show and not
letting him eat is bad horsemanship in my opinion.  I have to ride with
my stirrups at least 1" shorter to allow for Kaboot's BIG trot.  Can
someone on the ground tell me when they're "just right"?  Anyone who
looked at where I have my stirrup buckle and how it's turned would swear
that it's backwards and going to rub a hole in me, but it's perfect.  My
horse's best gait is 8mph, regardless of everybody else's "best gait".

Last year they had the IAHA CT National Championships here.  When it was
over everyone was just shaking their heads.  They didn't know who the
winner was for weeks...had to wait until all the protests were settled.

Still, I would never criticize CT for the sake of criticizing CT.  The
only time I ever bring it up is when ONCE MORE, they mention how much we
endurance riders could learn if we would only TRY.  I can't imagine
showing up at a Competitive Trail ride and walking around announcing,
"You all could learn so MUCH about how to do things THE RIGHT WAY if you
would just let those of us who do endurance and KNOW, teach you.  But we
get that from them constantly around here.
Angie