Part 2 - Dodge or Ford

Hi,

I wanted to let everyone know the results of my informal truck/trailer
survey. The original question was that I was looking at a 6 horse alum
trailer and had the choice between a 1993 Dodge cummins turbo diesel 350
regular cab non dually or a 1989 Ford 350 Diesel crew cab dually.

Lots of people wrote in to say how much they loved their Dodges - both
older and newer. They wrote in joyful prose of going 70 over steep
passes, leaving Fords and Chevys in their wake.

The only person to really endorse the Ford said that they would only get
the Ford if it was the powerstroke version - the Ford I looked at was
not.

The lady selling the trucks said that she would prefer to keep the
Dodge.

So what did I do? I went against the collective wisdom of ridecamp and
bought the Ford. Why?

a. the lady had all the records on the Ford - new tranny, etc. It sounds
like the only original item is the paint.
b. the dodge had more miles
c. the crew cab  - anyone that has had to travel more than 50 miles
knows the advantages of having somewhere to put the cooler and the dog
that has rolled in something.
d. the dually - I have never driven a trailer larger than a 2 horse and
greater stability sounded good to me.
e. the boyfriend of the lady selling the rig drove to southern CA this
week to pick up the new rig and did he choose to drive his the Dodge for
sale or the Ford for sale? He drove the Ford.

So anyway I would like to thank all that responsed and say that I really
do appreciate the advice given and that it is ok to give me the
raspberry when you blow by me doing 70 in your Dodge ;-)

Stasia