Re: RC: Pony Power!

Rayna,

CONGRATULATIONS  on using your ponies so they get a "good" name instead
of people thinking they are always spoiled and grumpy.  I have always
said that IF they were treated and trained like horses are, they would
be more like "they used to be"--great pulling power(for Their size) and
wonderful riding mounts for children OR ADULTS.

By the way, I haven't heard the term "stoneboat" used since I left
Canada where my Dad(from Ireland) built one that was pulled by our
family "jack of all trades" horse with cords of wood down a logging
road. It was fun for me to see the  word in print again!

Just had a friend call and told me how well(l00%) her Connemara pony had
done in a NATRC ride, and then took Grand Champion.Yes--I think Arabs
and  ponies( I have crossed Connemaras but I have seen some very tough
Welsh and Shetland crosses too) would "go the distance' and then some!
The combination of good bone and  the endurance of both breeds should be
 a great combination!   I wish I could have seen your team do so well--I
know it must have been a thrilling experience for you.

Maureen
Maureen