Re: RC: Kimberwicke--broken or solid

First I would do some ring work with lots of circles, serpintines, and
halts with the occassional back up. When you feel your horse start to get
away from you stop and back up a step, then continue on. If you still are
not comfortable try the solid mouth kinberwick it is the least severe of
the two and continue doing ring work as well as trail. The solid mouth is
less severe because it does not have nutcracker action and will not break
over.
jasmine

At 07:13 AM 6/7/99 -0700, guest@endurance.net wrote:
>carolee lisaj@foothill.net
>I have a young horse who I've been riding in a D-ring snaffle but he is
just too strong on the trail and is going through the bit something awful.
I thought of going to a kimberwicke, but am confused as to which is milder,
a kimberwicke with a broken mouthpiece or a solid mouthpiece.

>ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net,
http://www.endurance.net.
>ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-