Wild horse trim

I've been pleased with this approach.  A year ago my veterinarian suggested this trim for my horses after observing the natural hoof wear patterns of a large herd of Arabian horses turned out on hundreds of acres at a ranch in the Mt. Diablo foothills.  He thought it would be especially helpful to older horses like mine to reduce stress on their tendons.  My farrier has used this both for trimming when my horse is barefoot in the winter months and more recently for shoeing, and my 18 year old endurance gelding continues to be sound and has completed fifties in April and May with no problems.
Karen Schwartz
Livermore, CA