Re: Dura*Kold Ice Boots

Judy Long julong@cisco.com
Karen:

I have the tall DuraKold boots with 4 pockets/inserts in
each.  I usually put 3 inserts in the first 3 pockets,
leaving the last one (furthest away from the velco) empty.
I fold that one back when I put them on.  I've found that
when using 4 inserts the 4th one is just wrapped around
the rest of the boot, not the horse's leg.  I will use
two inserts when I want to ice at lunch and at the end
of a ride or when I want to do the front and back legs.
I believe that DuraKold makes these boots in a three
pocket model.

I really like them and have been using them for 2-3
years.  I also make sure I wet down the inside
of the boot and the horse's leg before I put them on him
and that seems to help get the leg colder.  My only problem
now is that my velcro is aging and sometimes doesn't hold.

Judy Long
Hayward, Ca.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-