Fire Mtn 50

Having to register earlier and earlier may be a good sign that the
popularity of our hobby is starting to take off.  We need more rides and
more trails and (dare I say it) maybe higher fees to help offset the cost of
organizing.  But it is good to see things moving this way instead of a Ride
Manager wondering if they are going to have enough riders to make the event
break even.  It is hard to control or even predict all the conditions that
have to be met for a person to be able to get to a particular ride... so I
would hope that those early registrants who later find that they can not
attend, will cancel early to allow others to plan to attend. I'm sure that
is the case already, because we'all are such a friendly bunch.
  Thanks to all who share their experiences.  I have learned so much in 6
months of lurking on here.
   Sherman, in the sunny north Florida backwoods community of Gainesville.