Re: Firemountain 50 -2nd that!!

>Unfortunately, I think it is indicative of AERC LACK of policy.  >Ride
managers>are given NO guidance, NO support, NO thanks.  >Hence, they get
NOTHING >in>return a

Oh come on.  If they had a stack of rules to cover the situation we'd
complain that they were tieing up our hands with red tape.

Sounds like management was probably caught off guard.  Biltmore has a
limit of 150 horses.  I think they take 50 in each distance.  Since
there's seldom 50 100 milers, they sometimes allow riders from the
shorter distance's waiting list in to take up the extra room.  For awhile
they didn't bother with an LD.  Seems like when they had a championship
they didn't have and LD.  They probably should have done something like
this at Fire Mountain.

As a manager, I don't care for pre-entries.  All it tells you is how many
PLAN to come, and that's usually about 30% above the number who actually
get to show up...that's enough to break you if you actually made
preparations for that many more horses.  I've had much better luck just
looking at how many showed up last year.  It seldom varies plus or minus
10 riders.  If we're short of T-shirts, we give the locals theirs later.
We are allowed to tell the caterers how many meals on Friday for a Sat.
meal.

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]