mature height of a foal

Hi all,

All the best for the New Year which I hope goes a bit slower that the last.
Its bloody hot here at present, but I think I can handle this better than
the snow and cold that some of you have in the States and Canada have
mentioned.

Question time:
I have a young 4mths old colt who's Dam is 15hh and Sire is 5.1hh and I'm
trying to figure how tall he will be.  I was told to measure from the
fetlock to the point of the elbow and then double it and that will be his
mature height.  Is this the right way to measure? and is there a certain
age this only works at?  How accurate can one be in ascertaining the mature
height of a young horse?

Thanks

 ,
/,`\