Re: herd mentality

OK Angie, then explain this one:

I bought a 3-1/2 year old stallion, moved him to a boarding stable where
all 10 or so horses were together, gelded him, kept him there for 2
years. During this time he was severely beaten on by ALL the other
horses there (2 exceptions who he played with). Quite often I would show
up and not be able to ride because of nasty wounds in the saddle area.
13 years later he still has scars!

I moved him from there to another stable where there were 7 other
horses, geldings and mares like the place before. He stepped into the
pasture and said "I am the ruler here". He went from bottom of the
pecking order straight to the top. (He was the youngest horse there
also.) From there, about 5 years later I moved him to my place (when I
finally got one), and he has ruled supreme ever since, regardless of
what horses come and go.

Let the whisperers figure that one out!

Kelli
Manitoba