Re: intranasal vaccine for strangles

While I don't routinely vaccinate for strangles myself, as most of my horses
don't leave the place, I would do it if they were going to be in close contact

with strange horses often.  While I'm sure strangles is no big deal for some
horses, please don't make the mistake of thinking it's not a problem for all
of them.  I know of one outbreak a couple of years ago that killed three
valuable horses and left many others _very_ ill.  It was an extremely
expensive
and heartbreaking thing for the owner's to go through.  As with anything, one
needs to weigh the risks & benefits and make the best decision based on their
individual circumstances.  But, be warned, strangles can be VERY nasty.
Tina Balderston