Re: effectiveness of intra-nasal vaccine

In a message dated 1/14/99 7:10:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, dpfreed@webtv.net
writes:

<< Point:   does the intranasal vacine work better or just reduce side
 effect.   >>

According to what I have read, it also works better than the IM vaccines--some
of those were only about 85% efficacious, and the intranasal is somewhere in
the 90's according to the research folks.  It hasn't really been on the market
long enough (just a year) for much of an impression, but will say that so far
I have used it in the face of an outbreak on one of my medium-sized breeding
farms and no vaccinated horses got sick, and so far we have gone through over
100 doses with no side effects.  Not a large sample, granted, but sure beats
my experience with the injectable!

Heidi