Re: [Fwd: Re: animal fats]

In a message dated 1/14/99 3:05:27 AM EST, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< If someone needed more than about five or so pounds of
 grain to maintain weight, then I would start adding fats. >>

This is the advice I recieved from the Southern States Nutritionist about
feeding fat.  The info I had been able to read was very confusing to me.  When
to feed fat, when it's not needed.  It may be over simplification, but the
Nutritionist told me to feed fat whenever I was uncomfortable about how much
grain was needed to maintain the body condition.  It has been very useful in
my pony mares that I breed also.  I don't like to feed the ponies very much
grain, so if I have a hard keeper esp during lactation, I at fat and it works
great.
Leigh