intranasal vaccine for strangles

Heidi (and anyone else with info),
I read the article in the Jan.99 EQUUS mag about intranasal vaccine for
strangles and saw that you were quoted in the article. I would like your
opinion on its use prior to the ride season: do you recommend it to be
included with the other spring shots most people use prior to the ride
season, do you need to repeat it more often than the standard
immunizations, how far in advance to you recommend administering it to
achieve good immunity prior to attending a ride, and lastly, even though it
has a better side effect profile than the older IM shots, what are the most
common reactions to watch for and the percentage of occurance. The article
specifically mentions water as a common source of transmission to horses
attending community rides. How valid do you think this is considering that
all horses at endurance rides share the same barrels out on the trail and
the rate of transmission appears to be so low? I have held off asking this
stuff because the topic is not pleasant but as time draws nearer to Spring
I want to be ready with some info.
Thank you for your help.
Kelly and Homerun Baker