Re: A-Betta Endurance Saddle by Action

>I am considering trying one of these saddles.  Does anybody with
experience with one have any input on the good points and bad points.  How
do they stand up to the rigors of endurance riding.  What about the comfort
level for both horse and rider.  Any input would be appreciated.

I haven't ridden in an A-Betta but did a comparison with it and the Big
Horn when I was looking for another saddle last year.  I chose the Big Horn
because I felt the quality was better and it had nicer features...some of
them being: sheepskin underneath (A-Betta has neoprene), better rigging
system, more Ds for attaching stuff, and leather seat.  I have found the
Big Horn to be very comfortable for me and the best fit so far (tho' not
perfect yet :-p) for my Arab/MFT gelding who is built quite similar to a
barrel!  He seems to be okay with it but it will probably be passed on to
the Arab/Welch pony when I find something with a better fit for Blaze.  I
definitely like the saddle and it sits you in a fairly well balanced
position.  It comes with girth and latigo.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.