Re: Quietex-Valerian Root

Joane White wrote:

> Interestingly, nothing I have read yet has explained why we shouldn't use
> Valerian.  It does have a significant calming effect in both people and
> horses and does not seem to produce a drugged state.

the fact that is *does* have a calming effect is why it was banned...you
aren't supposed to use anything that can alter a horse's
performance....or so it was explained to me...

BTW, I have been feeding a valerian based product to Psycho horse this
winter just to see if I could see a difference.....well, to be
honest....he's just as psycho as ever <G>

Tracy