Quietex-Valerian Root

While researching our herbal compound mixes, everything we have found
suggests that Valerian Root, which as Heidi points out is the plant from
which the homeopathic  Valeriana Off. is made, is not a substance we are
supposed to be using in competition.

It is my understanding that at least the Herbal version will test positive
in a drug test and while most homeopathics will not test, I thought the idea
was not to use questionable substances just because you might be able to
clear a test.

Interestingly, nothing I have read yet has explained why we shouldn't use
Valerian.  It does have a significant calming effect in both people and
horses and does not seem to produce a drugged state.

Tom Ivers suggested a reference book with the chemical coompounds explained
in detail. I have order it and perhaps that will cast some light. In the
meantime, if you look at most of the herbal products on the market for
competition, they say "Valerian Free".

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah