Re: RC: RE: RE: RE: Fw: Drugs

Bob,

The issue about drugs has little to do with competiting on drugs.  No
one I know thinks that is the right thing to do.  It is about testing.
Over the last five years drug testing technology has gotten much more
sensitive.  Where as five or so years ago the detection was in the parts
per million.  Today it is in the parts per billion.  That is a 1000
times increase in sensitivity. Suppose someone goes to a ride and has a
12 hour ride home.  They give the horse a gram of bute to make it more
comfortable on the ride home.  Now it is two weeks later and they go to
another ride and are tested.

Five years ago the residual bute would not show up.  Today it most
likely will.  That is the issue that most riders are concerned about.
Most of the post come from people that just want guidance.  I don't
think, in the face of the advances in testing technology, it is not
unreasonable to ask the AERC for clearification.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm with one in the oven

Brooksville, FL