RE: Types of Arabs

-----Original Message-----
From:	guest@endurance.net [SMTP:guest@endurance.net]
Sent:	Friday, May 07, 1999 8:16 PM
To:	ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject:	RC:  Types of Arabs

Sherie Taylor taylor@networksplus.net
Just wondering how you can tell if an Arab is Polish, Egyptian, etc.?  Does this appear on their registration papers?  Does each type have typical conformation that differs between types?

[Karen Sullivan]  If any horses on the pedigree are of Polish breeding, there will be the initials PASB after the name of the horse on the pedigree. I assume this stands for Polish Arabian Stud Book.  I also assume that RASB stands for Russian Arabian Stud Book.  Beyond that, you will see just "desert bred" in the pedigree.  But Heidi is right-there are many mixed lines..........for example, the Skoroneck line is considered Crabbet, I believe, but Skoroneck was bred in Poland.....
I'm tired, anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-