Re: RC: "Weighty issue"

Jeeze guys, if I ever decided to campaign my horse for FEI or what ever, I would
find a jocky, or more like it I have in mind an ex-jocky that now trains and
rides endurance horses to ride him and I'd mind the crewing.  The particular
person I have in mind has done some training on Jordy and I have done some
training on him.  I've kept track of the heart rates at the same speed over the
same trails.  While he is doing a good medium trot with me at 120, he is at 85
with her.  I gallop him on the flat in the sand at about 140 to 145 and she
gallops him at the same speed on the same trail at about 105.

Over 100 miles that adds of to a lot of additionally required energy, alot of
additional heat to be managed, a lot more water loss and a lot more electrolyte
loss, etc.

So if I am going to campaign the old boy he is getting a jocky.  Jeeze I swore I
wouldn't get into this discussion again.  Maybe I'd better go run the numbers on
the 98 results.

As SG stated there are too many variables to predict how any given rider on any
given horse will do on any given ride. There is however sufficient numbers of
rides spread over the US to test the hypothesis that as far as top 10 placing
"weight doesn't matter".  Just because we cannot develop a theory to predict the
outcome of a ride, doesn't mean we must ignore the issues of weight carried.

If we shoot a stream of electrons at a two slits, we cannot predict where an
electorn will hit a sensor behind the slit.  We didn't stop doing physics just
because of that?

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com