Re: RC: Fwd: RC: "Weighty issue"

If "weight is not a factor", then the distribution of the top 10 as far as weight
division will mirror the distribution in the entire ride.  That is as far as
weight divisions go, if there were 25% HW riders in a ride, then you would find
on the average 25% HW's in the top 10.

I think if you do the analysis testing that hypothesis against the rides in any
given year, you will find you can reject that hypothesis to a confidence in
excess of 99%.  If I can find the time I might just punch in the 98 results from
the yearbook and run the analysis.

Yep there are a few counter examples, but the distribution of the top 10 is by no
means a hypergeometric distribution drawn from the same population as the ride
entries.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com