Re: RC: RE: snakes and gators and frogs OH MY!

> though.  Once had a paramedic bring a coral snake into my ER  ...LIVE! in a
> bag so we could do the positive ID thing.......I was like a mad woman trying
> to get the bag out of his hands , calling him every name I  could think of. (
> all I could think of was what would happen if this thing got loose in the
> hospital !!

We had a 10 year old almost die from a coral snake bit in Brooksville last
year.  He and his friend found a 3 foot coral snake and thought it was pretty -
they are - and started to play with it.  By the time his father found them he
had been bitten.  The kid was in the hospital for about two weeks and he finally
did recover.

> across the fence!!!!   We did get the snake though.  About two years ago, a
> girl from our area was riding in Dupuis Reserve.......crossed a canal  and
> her horse began to jump and buck.....unusual for him........when she got back
> to camp she found the bilateral teeth mark scratches across her horses
> underbelly from a gator.......no joke! Also lost a ten year old boy to a
> gator during mating season.......

When the Concerned Horsemen ride was run in Dupuis the trail went along a cannel
on the west side of the reserve.  I was sponsoring a Jr rider the last year of
the ride. He was from S FL and his family rode there a lot.  We came to this
nice big water hole and it was hot so I looked around for snakes and decided to
let the horses drink.  My Jr said that there was a big gator that lived in that
hole.  Then I looked harder and accross the the cannel in the woods I say a set
of eyes - eyes with a lot of distance between them, so I decided to maybe to go
on up to the water management had set out about two miles on down the trail.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm with one on the way
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com