Foaming at the mouths!!

Hey ya'll!!  Are you sick of talking about dog-shows yet?  Sick of
dog-protection riffs yet?  Do you take your dogs into restaurants to
protect you? Into malls?  What's up with ya'll?  Keep the dogs in the
vehicles where they DID protect you - not outside!  Yes, I am biased.  I
work at horse shows massaging horses and have to dodge dogs constantly -
on or off leashes,l barking, ear-piercing screamers in cages, a wee
little dog that attacked me (on its leash) whilst I was dodging a
scarey-looking Rottweiler on the other side of the aisle.  The little
bugger jumped high (yes, guys, little dogs, like little horses can do BIG
things!!) bit my knee and moved up to the second floor level and bit
under my left -----.  I had to be checked out by an EMT, the show board
was very upset, rooted the dog owners out of the grandstands and said to
remove the dog (they said "what if we get a muzzle"?!!)  hmmmmm.  Then I
had to wait in an emergency room untilmidnight for a tetanus shot.  Not a
happy camper!  The dog's owner hired a lawyer to saying nice things to me
and send me a check.  Then there's the dog-catching fine at most horses
shows, i.e., to retreive your roaming dog, pay so much to haul him out of
the dog house.... (good money-raising scheme?)  I know, I know, all your
dogs are perfect, that's why you have, brought them, etc., but what's the
main idea of a ride?  People on horses!  That's enough of an event!
FOCUS!!!!!  If you really love your dogs, pay someone or find a friend to
care for them at home!  Believe me, I really love my pets too, but I
respect other people's and horses' personal spaces!!

Now, how about putting a little humor into this doggonned eternal flaming
thread?  Maybe we can be allowed to bring dogs to the rides if they can
do the trail etiquette for us - point to the tree limbs, yell 2:00!!
Deer!!!  Fling toilet paper where appropriate to mark trails, etc.

  Sorry - I'm just a bit tired after spending over 2 hours on this
keyboard, reading 190 dog and etiquette-laden  posts upon returning home
from a 2-day trip,....  and it's 2 am!!  I promise that a cheerful post
is coming soon with a report of nothing but really good things about you
ridecampers!!!

Just back from the south with good horse stories!!
Karen Zelinsky

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]