Companion animals at rides

A couple years ago we were en route to a ride in Western PA
when my son noticed on the entry form an unequivocal "No Dogs Allowed on the Grounds" notice that we had somehow missed.
We were one hour into a 6.5 hour trip.  Abjectly we turned around and drove an hour home.  As we unloaded our Newfi and the horses, the owner of the farm where we were boarding kindly offered to keep Odie for the weekend.  We of course paid her for her efforts, and thankfully hit the road again.

Imagine our distress, when pulling into the campsite, to see dozens of dogs running loose!  All sizes, all shapes, all unattended.

Now, I have no problem with a "no dogs policy".  I won't go to a ride that bans dogs as it is quite difficult to find a pet sitter and boarding in our area is prohibitively expensive.  But I do resent, strongly, lax application of the rules that allow some people to do as they please, leaving the rest of us at worse badly inconvenienced.

Ride managers - if you have a rule, then be prepared to enforce it!  Our companion animals are members of the family - if they are not welcome, then we need to know that the rules will be evenly applied.

And - hopefully this is the last dogs-on-the-grounds post :-)

Diane & Ashley, the Corgi

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-