Fwd: RC: New Rider Manners (was sportsmanship)

In a message dated 3/23/99 6:52:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, adlee@bigfoot.com
writes:

<<  One problem of that might be getting them to read
 it?  I guess this is coming from a newbie perspective.  I haven't been to
 a ride yet.  But as I recall, ride manners was one of the first things I
 read about when investigating endurance for my horse.  There is a short
 list on endurance.net under Fun Stuff->Stories and Arti >>
gee, maybe it should be mailed with either ride information on their firts
ride or if not members, handed out when they pick up their packet at their
first ride. But frankly, many vets need a refresher course in courtesy. While
the HUGE majority of riders have excellent manners and in many cases wheere
poor manners 'happen', it is sometimes just weariness or oversight, there are
certainly those who think they are simply more important tan the rest of
us...probably the same dolts who think stop signs and signals and 'keep your
dog on a leash' rules don't apply to them :)!
san

---- Begin included message ----
Jerry,

  That's a good idea.  One problem of that might be getting them to read
it?  I guess this is coming from a newbie perspective.  I haven't been to
a ride yet.  But as I recall, ride manners was one of the first things I
read about when investigating endurance for my horse.  There is a short
list on endurance.net under Fun Stuff->Stories and Articles.  It's very
short...Only 5 items, but all very good manners to know whether you're
riding endurance, or just with one friend on your own trails! I think,
though, that the first article on this that I read has a link off the
endurance.net/Newbie page (as well as off the Fun Stuff->Stories page).  I
believe the one I read was Unwritten Rules.  I'm sure, though, that Angie has
plenty to say on the subject, so one more article definitely wouldn't
hurt!  :)

---April
   Chattanooga, TN

---- End included message ----