Fw: sugar for wounds

-----Original Message-----
From: patoliva <patoliva@earthlink.net>
To: patoliva <patoliva@earthlink.net>
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: sugar for wounds

-----Original Message-----
From: patoliva <patoliva@earthlink.net>
To: patoliva <patoliva@earthlink.net>
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 10:16 AM

-----Original Message-----
From: patoliva <patoliva@earthlink.net>
Toridecamp
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 9:53 AM

It may be okay for horses but iodine is more likely to cause a local reaction when applied as a wet dressing.  Both are good  as a disinfecting agent.  Iodine is usually applied and dries,    In the sugar mixture the solution stays damp.  Betadine is a iodophor.  It is a combination of iodine  and a surface-acting agent which slowly liberates iodine.  It is just a "softer and safer mixture".  Pat