Re: Tevis & Bluejeans (long)

My only comment is -- let riders wear what they want.  Do we want to become
like other disciplines?  If you aren't wearing the proper clothes and your
horse doesn't have the equipment that it currently in vogue you are
ostracized?  I truly hope endurance riding doesn't come to that.

I started my current horse in barrel racing and I still remember the first
competition I went to -- nobody would talk to me because I didn't know the
right people.  I still remember my first endurance ride, everybody was
friendly and ready with helpful advice (remember advice is free, you don't
have to take it).  What an absolute difference.  I realized that I had found
the discipline were it didn't matter how nice your trailer looked, what
equipment you used, what you wore.  What mattered was that you loved horses,
took care of them, enjoyed them and loved to compete.

I've been involved with horses my entire life -- showed western pleasure,
hunter jumpers and games.  Never have I felt so welcome than I did when I
showed up at my first ride.

Sometimes I ride in shorts.  I grew up riding in tennis shoes and shorts.
I've become politically correct and now wear riding tennis shoes.

Yes, I know that this is an organization and we have rules, but please let us
know get to the point where we want to dictate what someone wears or what type
of equipment they use on their horse.

O.K. -- I had more than one comment.

Diane

p.s. -- I keep Wrangler and Rookies in business in MN