Re: yellow snow...?

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/7/99 3:14:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, arabs2go@yahoo.com
> writes:
>
> << But I'm still curious as to why some horses urine stains yellow,
>  others orange/red, and why the same horses urine doesn't stain
>  orange/red in a different year or region.  What is the chemical that
>  is oxidizing? I >>
>
> Slightly different makeup of feed, slightly different digestion in each horse,
> etc.  A critter's innards don't work just the same as those of next critter,
> any more than their  noses are the same shape or their ears are the same
> length or anything else.  Your metabolic processes are just as individual as

Am I the only one who considers the possiblity that this odd colored urine
may not be from the horses at all?  I don't have any snow, but I do know
that horses aren't the only animals hanging out in my pasture (and
urinating there).

Might the different colors be explained also by different species?

Just curious.

kat
Orange County, Calif.