Fwd: Feeding bermuda

In a message dated 1/7/99 9:45:04 AM EST, flemmerl@rcbhsc.wvu.edu writes:

<<
 Interesting!  When we lived in Florida, all we fed was the local Coastal
 Bermuda hay.  No real problems with any of the 52 horses on the farm.
 Is this the same Bermuda you all are talking about?

I think it is the same.  The way it was explained to me was that coastal
bermuda is very fine, when the horse chews it, it becomes full of small
splinter type bits.  This is what causes the impaction.  I have know many,
many horses that do fine on coastal, but I think they were quite used to it.
The comment was me just repeating what the vets at the vet school had said to
me.
Leigh

---- Begin included message ----
Interesting!  When we lived in Florida, all we fed was the local Coastal
Bermuda hay.  No real problems with any of the 52 horses on the farm.
Is this the same Bermuda you all are talking about?

Linda Flemmer

---- End included message ----