Re: Re : Bute

rainbow@montana.com writes:

<< we are just
 wondering if it helps to give bute to a horse after a tough ride for minor
 muscle soreness that you don't see in the horse but you assume he has
 because you do :-)))   >>

PS to my last post--no, I don't assume that my horse is as sore as I am.  I
tend to take far better care of my horse than I do myself.  I am unfit and
overweight, my horse has been ridden far more than I have been on him, as a
rule (thanks, hubby!), I have arthritis and he doesn't, he has a far better
fitness base than I do, and besides, he is much better designed to do what he
just did than I am.  Yes, I hurt like heck sometimes after I ride (didn't used
to when I was young--used to drive home in the night from 50's to do a double
shift of barn rounds in my vet school days to trade for whoever had covered my
cases on Saturday, and never bat an eye--but that was a long time ago).  No,
Drin, my horse is generally standing there unconcernedly hoovering down
whatever I put in front of him,  or dragging me to the next grass clump when I
walk him, and in general trying to figure out why I am so slow!  I don't for a
minute think that he hurts like I do.

Heidi