Re: Info on horse vacuums?

In a message dated 1/6/99 10:10:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kirsten@vermilion.reno.nv.us writes:

<< A good ol' Shop Vac with a hose extension works really well.

And much less expensive than an Electro-Groom or whatever that is specially
designed for horses or livestock.  I wonder if a person could create a sound
deadening device like the cases that office personnel used to install over 9
and 24 pin printers, something insulated that would fit over the round tank,
leaving the hose exposed.  (Hey, I'd like to try this myself!!)  Perhaps a
cardboard box of the right size, turned upside down, and with a slot cut into
it so the hose would be unrestricted.  The box could be insulated with thick
slabs of poly foam (easy to find).  Then use a car cleaning tool on the horse.

Barbara