QUIETEX

My 7YO Arab gelding is normally sensible and well-behaved.
However in competition, he gets highly excited and VERY
competitive. It takes a lot of the pleasure out of the sport for
both of us and I'm sure tires him more than necessary.

At a Pleasure Ride in Sept. I gave him a syringe of a product called
"Quietex" which seemed to help. It is a homeopatic preparation
manufactured by the Equicare Div. of Farnum and contains Ignatia
amara (0.125%) and Valeriana officinalis (0.125%). It contains NO
L-tryptophan.
It tests free in Urine and Blood analysis.

I have since bought a 30oz tub that suggests a dosage of one oz daily
"for race, show or performance horses".  I wonder if I should start giving
it to him
a few days before a Competition.

I also have a syringe of "Calm and Cool" that cotains L-tryptophan.  Could
this
be used in addition?

John and Meshack
www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)