Re: fitting a saddle to a young horse

I would have agreed with you years ago about the basic back being the same.
However my last horse's back changed when he turned nine (9).  He developed a
wonderful set of withers and no longer needed a crupper and could wear the
same saddle as his half brother.  I have a custom built DeSoto made by Marilyn
Horstman.  She builds a really great leather endurance saddle that weighs
about 16 pounds and not only does it fit me it fits my horses to a tee.
Anyone want her phone let me know.  She isn't very well known in the West but
get back in her country and there are lots of those little saddles around.
Lovell