Re: Feeding alfalfa when it is cold

I sure that their is a difference in quality. I am sorry if I sounded
like I thought that feeding alfalfa was a bad thing. That's just my
husband's opinion, and he can be very opinionated, a great husband, but
sometines very stubborn. I was just commenting on the statement about
alfalfa being the ONLY feed that can keep weight on horses when it is
cold. Maybe in some areas that is true, but not in this area. Grass hay
does very good at keeping the weight on when it gets cold, in fact too
good! But the horses are sure full of it in the spring! Boy do I love
that. :-)

Lynette