Re: Feeding alfalfa when it is cold

helgeson@lansford.ndak.net writes:

<< So yes, considering that we have horses
 in our area that founder on just the grass that we cut for "grass" hay,
 I guess you would have to say that we have top quality "grass" hay.

 Lynette
 Ps. and this "grass" hay sells for about $1.00 for a square bale, and
 around $15.00 to $20.00 for a big round. Oh I love living in ND! "Grass"
 hay is plentiful and the price is right! :-) >>

Considering that NDak is part of the vast Great Plains that was the original
grassland  on which the forerunners of the horse evolved, only to continue on
the steppes of Asia under very similar conditions, it is no surprise that you
can grow grass that can be harvested for hay that has this sort of nutritional
suitability for horses.

Heidi