Re: Trail trimmers

> > Trail work", for us, can often be done at a brisk trot, clipping as we
> >  go (half halt and clip)
>
> Oh darn, I thought my husband had invented this game!! We call it Clipping-On-
> The-Fly, no half halts here!  He has several pairs of hand clippers, the best
> ones seem to have a straight blade about 3 inches long. Curved blades take a
> little more accuracy, therefore sometimes missing a branch.  This weekend I
> was riding behind him on the beautiful Goethe trails, I noticed he could cut a
> branch 2" in diameter, while trotting down the trail.
> PS The perfect hand-clipper would have a hole in the end of the handle for
> attaching a lanyard and perhaps a slightly longer blade.  If you know of such
> a tool, please let me know, Valentine's Day is coming up!

When I was in Virginia this fall, I rode at Graves Mountain with Sally
Aungier and had the opportunity to use her wonderful ratcheting hang
clippers - I could go through a 2 inch branch with these easily! We had
to clear a fallen tree off a trail, and once I got my hands on these
great clippers, I had to force myself to stop playing with them - VERY
cool!

Sally send me the name and address, and I've LOST it! I'm cc'ing her on
this, so maybe she'll get me the info... they are the best clippers I've
ever used.

Linda