Re: Purina Athlete

mmathise@intergate.rbuhsd.k12.ca.us writes:

<< It is interesting to note that later, when I retired her to a broodmare,
 she kept wieght on much better pregnant(much to my surprise) which leads
 to some interestilng thoughts--even though I had had her throughly
 checked many times, perhaps she had some kind of hormone problem the
 vets didn"t know about then(in the 7l0"s and 80"s) and might now?  >>

No big mystery--progesterone (the predominant hormone in pregnancy) and
metabolic efficiency go hand in hand, and many pregnant mares (and women!)
find it far easier to put weight on than to take it off...

Heidi