Re: The Nature Conservancy

In a message dated 1/3/99 4:43:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, MBlanchrd@aol.com
writes:

<< I ride my horse on Nature Conservancy land..the only concession I've made
is
 that my horse is barefoot. A barefoot horse doesn't tear up the land like one
 with shoes, though, personally, I don't think there's much damage done by
shod
 horses. >>

Sorry, but this small example is just one more of the sort of misinformation
that NC puts out.  They don't deal in facts, they deal in emotions, and there
is NEVER any excuse for that.  You are absolutely correct, shod horses are not
a threat to trail health, unless a trail is so bad that it shouldn't be used
at all.  Nope, I still stick to my boycott of businesses that support NC--they
have been a blight on the West, and they do so with the dollars of very well-
meaning people who sincerely believe in the values that they supposedly
represent.  I'm sure that your heart is in the right place, but I wish you
would research NC a little more.  Would be glad to get you in touch with
people who can give you more facts.

Heidi