lost horse in Texas

I received this from another list, and thought I'd forward it here, since I
know there are folks in Texas on Ridecamp.

Stephanie McCray
Golden, CO

Poster: Carla D Quijano <cquijano@JUNO.COM>
Subject: Lost horse-Bandera, Texas.
-
I was alone a Hill Country Natural Area on Friday., Jan. 1 and my horse
got away. I know I shouldn't have been out there alone, but that's
another story. I'm just trying to cover every available base here and I
was wondering if I could tap on the collective wisdom of the list. The
details of the problem are as follows: A 11 year old grey Arab. gelding,
skittish and shy, a rescue from abuse, He's only got on a leather
halter and a lead rope, no one (out of probably 100 people who were in
and out of the park) saw him after he ran away, runners, bikers, and
equestrians looked for him on the trails and off, the former ranch
foreman is riding today off-trail looking for him, and I walked and
drove the few roads looking for him and the park ranger has been and
will continue to look for him. I have notified the dude ranches in the
area and they will watch for him and try to help, also. Is there anyone
out there that knows of anything else I can do? Is there a search and
rescue group in the area? My BIGGEST concern is not his $ value or
anything, I just want to know he is okay and not hurt or hung up on
something. I came home to try and get some rest,but plan to go back on
Tuesday with another horse if he hasn't been found. I can't sleep for
worrying about him and praying that he's not hurt.
Please, Texas folks send any help you can. From the bottom of my heart,
Thanks
Carla
Wimbereley, TX.>>>